Accurate Meter & Supply is a full-service utility supply company offering not only water and wastewater utility supplies but also a range of industry services. We are a fast-growing company that is constantly adding new product offerings and services. We offer excellent benefits such as medical, dental, disability, 401K, competitive pay, and paid holidays.
We currently have an opening for a commercial water meter installer whose primary duties would be replacing water meters 3” and larger. This position will require a dedicated individual who is self-motivated and can work well with little supervision. The work will be performed primarily within the greater Houston area, but some travel could be required if needed.
- Physical ability to work in harsh work environments such as confined spaces, hot and cold temperatures, and to be outdoors most of the day.
- Working with supervisors to develop an installation plan for each day.
- Responsible for making contact with customers prior to meter installation, replacing with new meters, and informing customers when water service has been restored.
- Completing jobs utilizing a handheld device to capture old meter readings and photographs of the work completed.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record
- Must pass criminal/drug testing requirements prior to employment
- Licensed water operator or equivalent plumbing experience highly preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers and be good at problem solving